How To Install New Fonts For GIMP 2.6.11 on XP *Updated*
Thanks to jkarretero for this update.
On GIMP 2.6.11 there’s an easy way to add fonts on your GIMP, here’s how:
1. On your GIMP, click Edit > Preferences > Folders > Fonts
2. Add C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
And you’re done! Happy GIMP’ing!
I’m using GIMP 2.4 on Windows XP on all my images. And today I’m going to show to you how to install new fonts for GIMP. My girlfriend asked me “I’ve already installed my downloaded fonts at C:\WINDOWS\Fonts and restarted The GIMP and still the new fonts is not there, why?“. The GIMP is reading installed fonts on windows once it is installed and stores it on a cache file. So all you have to do is delete those cache and run The GIMP again. Here’s a step by step on how to do it on Windows XP:
After installing the desired fonts to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts do these steps:
- Start>Run then type %USERPROFILE%
- Then go to Tools>Folder Options
- Because the folder is hidden, you have to show hidden files and folders, to do that go to View tab and select the Show hidden files and folders and click OK.
- Then go to Local Settings>Temp>fontconfig>cache and delete what’s in that folder. If you want to hide back the files and folders, just go back to step 3. You can now restart your GIMP and enjoy making graphics.